At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The IT Business Relationship Manager will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the IT Vertical Lead – Retail, this individual will participate in the management of operations and client relationships in our Retail vertical space. The IT Business Relationship Manager will work closely with IT leaders across the company to ensure that our IT services meet the clients’ needs, and can respond with agility to changing business priorities. Furthermore, the successful candidate for this position will have strong relationship management skills, and the drive to continuously improve and challenge the status quo. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- Work with business operations teams to ensure good coordination of IT changes without any impact to business processes.
- Counsel operations on developing intake proposals and assist with planning against budgeted commitments.
- You will work with clients on planning and execution of work as it relates to client needs.
- Build and maintain relationships with other IT leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs.
- Ensure cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet business needs, and respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- You will remain current on new technologies and service management practices, and provide direction on what emerging IT operations technologies and methods should be introduced, integrated and assimilated within IT Operations.
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction as it pertains to IT policies and procedures.
- You will collaborate with other IT Management to align business groups where appropriate.
What you bring to the role:
- Undergraduate Degree in Information Technology, Project Management, Business, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years of Client Relationship Management experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a supply chain environment.
- Experience working effectively and collaboratively within a team environment, as well as with employees at all levels/areas of the organization.
- You have experience applying conflict resolution techniques to prevent/mitigate issues.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of business concepts, including strategy development and financial analysis.
- Knowledge of existing business and IT processes and technologies.
- You are able to foster accountability and ownership towards goal setting and targets within your team.
- You take personal ownership over all decisions, actions and outcomes.
- You support others in meeting their commitments.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success.
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You support and encourage positive team interactions and experiences.
- You navigate situations with ease, agility and in a manner that will likely lead to a good outcome.
- You maintain industry networks and relationships to collaborate and support growth and development.
- You are ambitious to achieve and enable others to deliver operational excellence.
- Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing the project team members in a high pressure, dynamic environment.
- You maintain focus and productivity in times of change, and are able to deal with ambiguity and transition into action.
- You are able to adapt to change and drive continuous improvement efforts.
- You have strong internal and external customer service skills.
- You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work and communicate effectively at all levels in an organization.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.