*At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Business Analyst – SAP WM will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the Applications Manager, this “hands on” role will interface with our business areas, its managers and system users to define, design, implement, train, and provide on-going support for IT services across SCI Group. Thus, the successful candidate for this position will have subject matter expertise in one or more of the above mentioned areas. This role will also involve documenting business processes and reporting solutions, as well as assisting and coordinating aspects of on-going cross-functional projects as required. The Business Analyst – SAP WM will work closely with an extended cross functional team of SAP ABAP programmers, Basis, and Business Analysts who are subject matter experts in various modules of SAP and other tools used within SCI. Please note that this position will require participation in on-call and after-hours support based on a predefined schedule. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You will focus on the delivery and support of IT services to SCI Group.
- Plan, solicit business requirements, design, develop, test, implement, train, as well as coordinate the start up and support activities of new functionalities.
- Develop of business requirement documents, test scripts/test scenarios, business processes and procedures, work instructions, and other detailed user related and support documentation to support standard configuration.
- Identify and drive opportunities for business process improvements and redesign either in existing systems or by adopting new functionalities available in other systems, while demonstrating project and program management leadership.
- Focus on the overall business goals and objectives and ensure alignment with IT strategy.
- You will ensure that services and service management processes are reviewed, designed, and developed based on business requirements or strategic objectives, including service level agreement adherence and conformance to standards and regulations.
- Manage and support the “production” environment to ensure continuation of service.
- You will proactively adapt internal processes to changes in our customer base and customer requirements.
- Take action to continually improve the team’s operational performance as it relates to both incident and change management.
- Collaborate proactively with Business Development, IT, and other team members to complete required tasks.
- You will troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Quickly come up to speed and maintain a current understanding of the changing nature and needs of the business.
- Ensure adherence to change management processes and provide quality assurance to all deliverables.
What you bring to the role:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management and/or Supply Chain Management, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Administration or a related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience implementing SAP-WM in diverse environments is required (e.g. Configuration of WM – Bin and Storage Locations, Movement Types, Picking and Putaway Strategies, Serialization, Batch Management, etc.) – preference given to those with additional SD configuration experience in SAP Transportation Management.
- Particularly strong experience configuring in Transportation Management – Freight Order Management, Transportation Network, Deliveries, Shipping, Route Determination, Transportation Planning, etc.
- You have integration experience of WM to other supply chain modules.
- Business and technical experience in Warehouse Management and Transportation Management.
- Good understanding of test strategies, test planning, and test methodologies.
- Demonstrated accuracy with reports and projects, analytical aptitude and a strong attention to detail.
- You are able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and competing priorities in a high-pressure environment.
- You operate with integrity to do what is right for the team and the business as a whole.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- You have a good understanding of SAP problem solving approach (logs, dumps, OSS notes, etc.), and have performed data migration activities (e.g. LSMW for inventory loads).
- Integration experience with third-party systems using HTML, EDI, Webservices, etc.
- You have strong knowledge of Radio Frequency (Functional) systems with the ability to design custom WM RF transactions.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio) is a must.
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success.
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels in an organization to exchange information, ideas, and answer inquiries.
- You work well with diverse groups of people with a clear vision of client and business needs.
- You have the ability to participate on multi-disciplinary work teams to achieve successful execution of complex implementation projects.
- You communicate effectively with internal support team and external customers and partners as required.
- You have strong teamwork, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- You are detail-oriented, creative, self-motivated, and innovative.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.