Role: The configuration technician (Service Representative 5) will be responsible for receiving and tracking inbound customer units for deployment; unpack, build and config equipment as required; pack and stage as per deployment schedule and following SCI’s standards and best practices. This position will also play a supporting role in other dock or warehouse projects and duties as assigned.
- Work with the CSR and Dispatch team on meeting scheduling deadlines.
- Work with the customer and CSR on config and software upgrade solutions as required.
- Actively participate in SOP creation plan to document process outline, based on brand type and model requirements.
- Perform data upgrades and configuration solutions based on the needs of the customer.
- Conduct various levels of tests (unit and integration) with internal and external components and accessories.
- Maintain deployment schedules and productivity outlines.
- Participate in platform upgrades (specifically upgrade from old to new software versions as required).
- Develop standards and best practices for the tools and technologies as part of a team.
- Meet all health and safety guidelines as required.
- Ability to multi task.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex issues.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with business and technical team members
- 3 years experience in a fast paced, logistics environment, and experience with Printer upgrade and configuration platforms.
- Working experience with integration technology platforms such as USB data upgrade and config software etc.
- Broad understanding of integration options using various data types.
- Strong knowledge of inventory tracking in Microsoft Office.
- Fork lift experience would be an asset.