Shift: Friday to Sunday: 7 AM to 7 PM
Role: In support of the effective and efficient operation of the distribution warehouse, the Operations Support Coordinator is responsible for providing systems and inventory support to Operations. Through the application of systems expertise, this role supports a number of key processes from pick strategies, warehouse layout, and productivity measurements to inventory practices as well as assisting the functional leads in troubleshooting, analyzing and resolving process and system failures. In addition, the Operations Support Coordinator coordinates cross-functional system testing for changes or upgrades to the operational systems.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create inbound deliveries for daily receipts
- Create outbound orders for daily transfers to other facilities
- Participate in all administrative and operational functions as directed by the Manager
- Support regular product slotting reviews and execute changes within SAP, assisting team in timely rotation and repositioning of inventory based on demand
- Assist the Team Leader and Operations Manager with respect to manpower planning
- Proactively deal with issues relating to flow of goods
- Generate daily productivity reports
- Initiate daily cycle count program within SAP to manage the clearing of counts or posting of variances, including the full investigation of any variances found.
- Update the daily cycle count summary reports with results from each day’s counts
- Update and file inventory transaction
- Coordinate recalls in the warehouse
- Maintain product attributes in master file
- Participate in CI (continuous improvement) initiatives
- Audit and manage all Retail/Wholesale shipments are up to compliance with Vendor Guidelines
- Arrange and coordinate transportation for SCI managed and Vendor managed shipments
- Perform ongoing analysis to identify opportunities for service improvements
- Coordinates cross-functional system testing for changes or upgrades to the operational systems
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by the Manager
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a fast paced, logistics environment
- Thorough knowledge and experience with third party logistics services and processes
- Post-Secondary education and/or a combination of relevant experience and education
- Recent and relevant Warehouse Management, Inventory Management support experience and report generation experience using SAP
- System expert i.e. pick strategies, warehouse layout, productivity measurements
- Demonstrated experience with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment
- Familiar with Retail Vendor Compliance (ASN, MH10, labeling, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills (process documentation experience an asset)
- Ability to analyze, plan, organize and prioritize effectively
- Proficiency using Microsoft office applications
- Strong analytical, problem solving and multitasking skills
- Flexible working hours and scheduling is a requirement
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.