Shift Schedule: Wednesday – Saturday 9:30 am – 8:00 pm (with flexibility)
Our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
Role: The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for managing operations to ensure SLA’s and KPI’s are met. This strong people manager will establish and drive consistency specific to communication practices, work structures and systems as well as lead in the SCI way. The SOM has overall P&L responsibility and will be the key contact with the client. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position is responsible for managing and motivating the team by giving direction and leadership, monitoring performance to ensure facilities achieve high performance levels for the purpose of ensuring the provision of an effective and efficient quality service to the client.
The successful candidate is a highly motivated, self-directed individual capable of creating a high performance operation through strong leadership, effective communication, delegation and coaching for efficiency and people development, detail-oriented and organized with a high level of personal and professional ethics. This individual will support our day shift operations with flexibility to work other shifts as required. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Manage, coach and develop a team consisting of Operations Managers, Team Leaders, Operations Support and Service Representatives
- Responsible for ensuring P & L, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met
- Overall accountability of all operational areas in two facilities on all operational shifts
- Develop, execute and communicate labour plans based on volumes, forecast and input from the Director of Operations
- Responsible for managing the operation within budget guidelines
- Monitoring space utilization/layout and maximizing usage of equipment and resources
- Collaborate with internal support departments to meet operational targets
- Ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of all necessary operational reports and records
- Manage operational processes ensuring all clients’ requirements are consistently met and are up to date
- Responsible for ensuring that processes, and changes, are effectively deployed to ensure continuity of operational performance and client satisfaction
- Manage scope of responsibility through assigning and scheduling resources, monitoring deliverables and adjusting approach when required
- Prepare development plans for direct reports with a focus on growth and continuous improvement
- Provide guidance and support to Operations Managers with performance and attendance management and reinforcement of company policies and procedures
- Lead and support the team in their involvement in Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives and maintaining SLS standards
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced and upheld by all team members
- Accountable for customer satisfaction and providing high quality service and work ethic while representing SCI Logistics
- Responsible for ensuring a safe, secure and fair work environment for all team members
- Foster a positive working environment for internal and external customers
- Other related duties or projects as required to meet the needs of the business
What you bring to the role:
- Completion of a college or university program in business administration, industrial engineering or in a discipline related to supply chain logistics or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- Minimum 6 years’ managerial experience in a high volume 3PL environment (retail environment would be a definite asset) while managing and developing high performance teams
- Minimum 6 years’ experience utilizing WMS and RF technology
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing full P&L
- Minimum 3 years’ experience implementing continuous improvement programs
- Ability to interact effectively at multiple levels, in support of our client relationships; demonstrated self-confidence and strong relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers/Team Leaders, the Client and employees
- Proven experience with mentorship and development of direct reports
- Expert knowledge of MS Office
- Strong analytical capability
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills
- Flexible with scheduling to meet the needs of the business
- High energy, self-motivated with self-confidence
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success.
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You maintain focus and productivity under stress, and adapt with a positive perspective in times of change.
- You operate with integrity to do what is right for the team and the business as a whole.
- You support and encourage positive team interactions and experiences, and celebrate personal and team success every day.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including telephone and email etiquette.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.