Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for leading a group of small Post Sales Logistics (PSL) warehouses to achieve daily Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and operational objectives. The preferred location for this position is Vancouver, however, Edmonton or Calgary would also be considered.
The key accountabilities for this position includes leadership, communication, developing resources, planning and decision making to continuously improve standard operating procedures.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible to manage a 24/7 operation for Western PSL’s including customer and vendor relationships
- Maximize productivity by ensuring available vendor resources are employed to meet the daily work volume
- Effectively communicate all pertinent information regarding process changes, goals & objectives and operational results to partners/vendors through regular communication (email, phone)
- Comprehend and administer all relevant policies and procedures in a fair & consistent manner
- Resolve issues between vendors and SCI in a timely manner and escalate when required
- Hands-on direction of all activities to ensure customer and corporate requirements are met.
- Ensure 100% adherence to SCI’s Quality Principals and Account specific standard operating procedures.
- Become proficient in the operation and related systems (SAP / Flashtrac / Klairy).
- Ensure Health and Safety practices are adhered to (e.g. coach vendors on safe work practices, enforce company policies and procedures, and serve as a positive role model with respect to safe work practices).
- Manage vendors/partners to support customer requirements
- Source and develop new vendors to satisfy geographic and business requirements
- Provide daily updates on receiving, shipping, issues and projects as required.
- Participation in decision-making processes involving network issues.
- Flexible working hours and scheduling is a requirement, some travel required.
- Demonstrating SCI Core Values – Client Intimacy, Innovation, Teamwork Founded on Open & Honest Communication and Accountability for Excellence in Results
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Previous experience using SAP and warehouse management systems preferred
- Strong service quality experience with specific measures and accomplishments
- Proven experience in developing positive vendor relations with an emphasis on creating a collaborative team environment
- Ability to analyze, plan and manage resources effectively
- Basic proficiency using Microsoft office applications
- Post-secondary education and/or a combination of relevant experience and education
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience or similar, preferably in a distribution environment would be an asset.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.