Position: Business Analyst, Warehouse Management
Location: 233 Madill Blvd Facility, Mississauga, ON
Reporting to: Operations Planning Manager
Role: Evaluate and enhance business performance through analyzing performance issues, supporting daily operations, identifying the issues from business application systems and processes and providing the resolutions. The Business Analyst interfaces with internal and external partners to provide consulting, problem solving, documentation and training. There may be times when support will be required during non-core business hours.
- Perform product and order analysis to support the decision making on business strategies such as slotting, waving.
- Monitor Proactive Replenishment effectiveness and daily operational performance, and follow up with the operations team.
- Test, document, and ensure documentation is completed or revised for system changes
- Create business reports such as KPIs, ground stock level, warehouse capacity
- Provide ongoing training on business SOPs, including the preparation of training material to super-users
- Analyze problems, identifying strengths and weaknesses of alternatives and select/recommend appropriate solution
- Identify, recommend, and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Provide process and system assistance to day-to-day operations
- Participate in development and implementation of solutions for new and existing customers
- Proactively work with peers, super users, end users and customers to solve problems and improve processes
- Collaborate with the functional groups and their respective technical staff to resolve production issues
- Demonstrate SCI Core Values – Client Focus, Innovation, Teamwork Founded on Open & Honest Communication and Accountability for Excellence in Results
Skills and Qualifications:
- Broad and detailed knowledge of the business processes used in a warehousing environment.
- Understanding disciplines: customer service, receiving, shipping, and inventory management, transportation, etc.
- At least 3 years business process/system analysis experience in above areas
- Proven experience in leveraging technology to improve business processes
- Understanding of SAP application preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suites, especially in Excels and Access.
- Systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem-solving
- Fundamental understanding of systems and information access
- Strong communications skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to present information in a formal setting
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to transfer knowledge
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Solid organizational and time management skills