At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Sourcing Manager will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the Director, Procurement & Contract Management, this individual will work with business unit leaders to source vendor partners that can achieve SCI’s current needs and demonstrate a willingness to expand the scope of services as SCI grows. The ideal candidate is one that has a demonstrated ability to collaborate with stakeholders and multiple levels of seniority, both inside and outside the organization, is comfortable with analysis and is able to quickly grasp new business concepts. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You ensure that any SCI issued RFP document(s) conforms to SCI’s stated sourcing / procurement policy, specifically ensuring that SCI conducts a fair and transparent process;
- You ensure that resources from each stakeholder group are represented in the development of scoring matrices used in each sourcing event and that same are represented in the evolution process;
- You can negotiate development agreements, statements of work and supply agreements.
- You collaborate with suppliers to develop capabilities, continuity and capacity;
- You understand industry trends and potential impacts to SCI; advocate changes for SCI as applicable;
- Partner with key stakeholders to achieve functional and company goals;
- You can develop the annual procurement plan to support assigned commodities with a focus on cost reduction and efficiency generation.
- Partner with the Director, Procurement and other stakeholders on the RFP needs analysis development process, scale consolidation strategies related to targeted commodities.
- Collaborate with the central buying group and site based resources ensure that all spend is recorded in SAP.
- Ensure that all contractual documents are executed in conformance with the SCI schedule of delegations and that activities are recorded in the contract management systems for assigned commodities.
What you bring to the role:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 5+ years of procurement / sourcing / supply chain experience
- Operates with integrity to do what is right for the team and the business as a whole.
- Manages time and priorities effectively in a fast-paced, flexible environment to deliver incremental value every day.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- Strong background in negotiation, analysis, problem solving and handling multiple projects of high financial impact and/or complexity
- Effective organizational and communication skills to deliver up to-date and accurate information to all areas
- Excellent skills in MS Office Suite
- Strong analytical skills; ability to manage, interpret and prepare data for reporting
- SCMP designation an asset
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative in respect of RFP events
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success.
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You support and encourage positive team interactions and experiences.
- Holds oneself accountable to deliver on commitments on time, in scope, and with quality.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.