At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The CI Program Coordinator will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the Senior Project Manager, CI, this individual will be responsible for administering and supporting SCI’s Continuous Improvement (CI) Corporate initiatives and SCI’s Lean System (SLS) program. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You are an expert change agent in socializing the culture of Lean and Continuous Improvement with positive forward thinking
- You actively engage, support and mentor CI and SLS leaders across all SCI sites ensuring adherence to CI annual targets and SLS standards
- You facilitate and provide support for SLS Kaizen workshops based on corporate and site requirements including driving full implementation with key stakeholders
- You can present CI program updates to all top executive management team members and during company town hall sessions
- You support the development and documentation of SLS program standards
- You support the development of SCI’s internal Lean Six Sigma (LSS) training program including administering, scheduling and conducting training sessions as required
- You manage document control for SCI’s Operations Management System (OMS)
- You manage and report on CI financials including reviewing submitted CI ideas and projects with support for follow-up actions identified by CI Leaders across SCI
- You drive CI metrics, report creation and support dashboard requirements
- You can review and manage CI information through SharePoint Portal and CI stats initiatives for cost reductions, cost avoidance, capacity increase and revenue growth
- You ensure associated CI documentation is maintained and reviewed prior to approval for inclusion into the cost-savings financial database
- You work closely with Corporate Auditor and Finance representatives to gather supporting information on CI cost savings and actual results
- You ensure the sharing of best practices and lessons learned across all facilities
- You support CI projects/initiatives in SCI operations and other duties as required
What you bring to the role:
- Post-secondary diploma/degree or combination of experience required
- 3-5 years of experience in CI, Lean Six Sigma and/or related experience
- 3-5 years of experience leading projects and coaching team members – project management experience preferred but not required
- Experience in Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing, Logistics or Process Improvement is an asset
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt designation preferred, Black Belt designation is a plus
- Experience conducting/facilitating training and workshop-based sessions is preferred
- Strong reporting and analytical skills with extreme attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Highly organized with strong administrative and time management skills are required as well as the ability to handle multiple deadlines
- Strong positive can-do team player attitude doing whatever is necessary to get the work done
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Suite products (SharePoint, Excel, Visio) including ability to program macros
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Engineering drawings is an asset but not required
- Valid Driver’s License with access to a vehicle as travel between sites in the GTA will be required daily
- Be able to travel across Canada (10% of the time)
- Holds oneself accountable to deliver on commitments on time, in scope, and with quality. When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success.
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- Manages time and priorities effectively in a fast-paced, flexible environment to deliver incremental value every day.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.