Role: The L3 Printer Technician will be responsible for the deployment, installation, and upgrade of computer desktops, workstations, printers, peripherals as well as associated operating systems and application software at the desktop level. Included is the troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software failures.
- Perform service repairs on printers (laser and thermal) and POS equipment
- Deployment of desktops and peripherals following deployment documentation and checklists
- Perform complex hardware and/or software upgrades to existing equipment
- Perform troubleshooting to determine and resolve the root cause of most hardware or software malfunctions at the desktop level
- Perform moves, adds, changes of computer equipment
- Understanding of Deployment Guidelines
- College or University education in Electronics or Computer Science
- A+ Certification
- Two (2) years of related job experience
- Certified on two printers manufacturer i.e. Lexmark and Hewlett Packard
- Strong POS background in repairs (LCD/Touchscreen, PCs, printers)
- Tech support experience an asset
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with business and technical team members.
- A sense of urgency to complete tasks and assignments
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex issues.
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Ability to take direction and follow practices and procedures consistently and accurately
- Must be willing to participate in the on-call rotational schedule
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience with a desktop productivity suite
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. on a regular basis