Role: Function in partnership with the IT Vertical Lead as part of Office of the CIO. The individual in this role would participate in the management of
operations and client relationships in the Retail Vertical space.
- Works with business operations teams to ensure good coordination of IT changes without impacting business processes.
- Counsels operations on developing intake proposals and assists with planning against budgeted commitments
- Works with clients on planning and execution of work as it relates to client needs
- Builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and can respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Is current on new technologies and service management practices, and provides direction on what emerging IT operations technologies and methods should be introduced, integrated and assimilated within IT Operations.
- Works with the IT Operations leadership team to forecast future skill needs to acquire and develop an IT Operations workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills and competencies. Works toward a balance between growing the agility required to achieve digital business objectives and ensuring the core IT functions are reliable, stable and efficient.
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction as it pertains to IT policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with other IT Management to align business groups where appropriate.
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Business, Computer Science or a related discipline
- 3-5 years Client/Vendor Relationship management experience
- 3-5 years experience in a omni-channel retail/ supply chain environment
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of business concepts including strategy development, financial analysis
Technical / functional skills:
- Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing the project team members in a high pressure, dynamic environment
- Experience working effectively and collaboratively in a team environment and with employees at all levels/areas of the organization
- Experience applying conflict resolution techniques to prevent/mitigate issues
- Ability to foster accountability/ownership towards set goals and targets
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work and communicate effectively at all levels in an organization
- Ability to adapt and drive change
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and transition to action
- Drive continuous process improvements
- Knowledge of existing business and IT processes and technologies
- Strong internal/external customer service skills
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation please contact 416 401 3011 ext 3063.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.