Role: Full Time Bench Repair/Config Technician
The person in this position will apply technical know-how and install, configure and update various hardware and software plus provide technical support for company products.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Servicing and configuring hardware products
- Handle bench repairs (depot service) & remedial maintenance
- Perform testing and evaluation of new hardware and software
- Recommend changes to processes and procedures to improve End User Support Services
- Professional, enthusiastic attitude to deliver superior technical support
- Ability to engineer a solution in complex or unique situations
- College diploma in a related field i.e. Computer Engineering, Electronics
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in a depot repair or Field support environment
- Functional and technical skills
- Fluent in English, spoken and written communication
- A+ certification
- Strong knowledge of MS Windows Operating Systems Including: Software installations, permissions, printer setup,
- Comfortable working within a team-based environment or independently
- HP, Lexmark, Epson, Ithaaca (thermal printers), Dell, Cisco certifications an asset
- Ability to trouble shoot various issues relating to the operation of POS systems.
- attention to detail
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation please contact 613-738-2218 ext 4330.